Tuesday 1 February 2011

Be My Valentine , the upcycling way

The rose is red, the violet's blue
The honey's sweet, and so are you
Thou are my love and I am thine
I drew thee to my Valentine
The lot was cast and then I drew
And Fortune said it shou'd be you.
Valentines day , traditionally a day when flowers , chocolates and cards are given to lovers the world over.

Since starting my shop - http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFeminineTouch TheFeminineTouch back in September I've been wondering how I could bring recycled products to you this Valentines day.

And now I've done it...........


Last week I finished my 1st flower brooches made from recycled woollen jumpers. They are really cool. I can't wait til I get source some more woollen jumpers of different colours , but until then these 3 purple / blue combinations will do as a preview.





Felted flower brooches are available from these other etsy shops too -


 http://www.etsy.com/shop/Nimblejacks?ref=seller_info

http://www.etsy.com/shop/remadeshop?ref=seller_info

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are really neat! sorry for deleting other comment, never leave computers unattended around a toddler :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh , would love to see what mammamyst toddler wrote.

    Thanks for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend & I always try to have a "non-commercial" valentine's day, so I usually make a card and some heart-shaped cookies ... I always struggle to think of something original!

    The brooches look lovely, I look forward to seeing them in more colours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase