Monday 21 March 2011

Etsy Euroweek 2011 - Netherlands shop


My name is Clary, and I'm 51 years old. I have a degree in teaching arts and crafts to children and have been crafting all my life. I used to use my babysitting money to buy yarn!

About a year and a half ago, I ran out of people to give my handmade things (my kids and husband already had three scarves each). So my Internet savvy daughter told me: why don't you start an Etsy shop? These days, we run the shop together. I do all the crafting, and she does the tricky technological things. We both play model, and sometimes drag my husband or son, or an unsuspecting neighbour in front of the camera as well.



PolClary http://www.etsy.com/shop/PolClaryis all about original, one of a kind items in every price range. I base my prices on the cost of the material and the amount of work that went into the piece. I try not to charge too much, because I want handmade things to be affordable for everyone. My designs are original, inspired by things I see on the street, ideas by people around me and sometimes by the materials themselves. When I'm working on something, I already have dozens of ideas whirling around in my head on how to make it better, or different, or how to make something completely different altogether.

I live in a small town called Uden, in Brabant, which is in the south of the Netherlands. Uden actually won the title 'greenest city of Europe'! My favourite part of Uden (besides our local ice cream shop and cafe, Bananas) are the Bedafse Bergen ('the hills of Bedaf'). It's a forest, but it also has sandy hills.


It's like walking on the beach and in the forest at the same time.
    

2 comments:

  1. Lovely story - wish you the best on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece, love the picture of the forest!

    ReplyDelete

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase