Tuesday 22 March 2011

Etsy Euroweek 2011 - A shop from Greece

Hello, my name is Dafni and I'm 29 years old.

I have studied graphic design and illustration. I have worked as a graphic designer for many years but I love making jewelry a bit more! Now I spent most of my time on this and on my etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/lacravatteduchien).

I started making jewelry about 6 years ago. At first it was just composition with beads and strings, then I moved to polymer clay and finally 2 years ago I decided to take some classes and learn to work with silver. There I learned a lot of new techniques and tools. 




I ended up working with plexiglass and I love it so much! It's an interesting material to work with and when is painted it makes a 3D effect on the items. It is also very light so I can create many things that are also comfortable in the end. I have worked with metal in the past but with plexiglass I can combine jewelry making with illustration. Even though you could say it's nothing more than plastic, it really is more than that. All my items are very carefully cut and illustrated, if something goes wrong it goes straight to the bin, and every item is an one of a kind piece of art.



I grew up in Athens, Greece and to tell the truth I still live in the same house as I have done for the past 29 years! But I hope this will change soon. Don't take it the wrong way! Greece is a beautiful country! But I have to follow my love...


Kisses from Greece!!

twitter: twitter.com/DafniCrafts
facebook: www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=0689443ff9bd6ba67b079f3f2abb8455&#!/pages/La-Cr...
blog: lacravateduchien.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Your creations are incredible & cheerful, always inspiring me to look for the happy side!

    http://www.aegeansea.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the owl...the colors are great!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase