Monday 21 March 2011

Etsy Euroweek 2011 - A shop from Spain

My name is Cassandra. 

I am a graphic designer but I have always loved Photography and about 10 years ago I started studying it and have been completely obsessed ever since. I am completely obsessed with details and colour. I love to try and find the beauty in the simple everyday things that we can sometimes take for granted. 

I have always done creative things for as long as I can remember and my inspiration is my mother. My mother can do anything! I am constantly amazed by her!

I have been imagesbycassandra  http://www.etsy.com/shop/imagesbycassandra for a few years now but have only really been doing photography for myself and my family. I only opened my Etsy shop recently, I thought that it was time to share my love for simple beauties.

I have a lot of photographs of fruits and vegetables in my shop at the moment and I have often envisioned these as kitchen decoration, sometimes with the country kitchen look and sometimes just as a clean clear print all alone. I can also see them in restaurants! As you can see I dream a lot! But in truth I love to photograph just about anything! I have a new project starting for my shop that I am very excited about. I am busy with it at the moment and the new prints should be up in about two weeks. It is very different from my fruit and vegetable series and my flowers series and I am calling it 'all about the love'.






I live in Barcelona and always think of it as everyone's favourite european city, maybe because this is what I get told every time someone comes to visit us! It is full of art and beauty and of course great sunshine!! The best thing for me about Barcelona is all the beauty surrounding it! There is sea and sand, mountains and trees and quaint villages with history in every direction.


I love nature and being outdoors, which is great for my little son. I think this comes from growing up in Africa. A lot of my illustration work is influenced by my childhood in Africa and also my love for colour.

Well I hope that you enjoy the images in my shop as much I have enjoyed making them! And remember ' Everyday is a gift so unwrap it with a smile '.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase