Thursday 6 March 2014

Thursdays ColourWays - Colourful yarns

As knitters , we do have it so good. I'm amazed at the quality of yarns that are available nowadays from bamboo and banana yarn , silk and sari , cotton , cashmere and mohair.

Some of which are available from Ethnic crafts and Fyberspates

But today I totally fell in love with this beautiful colourful yarn that I spotted on the cover page of Posh Yarns and then to find out that Tony is the man behind all the wonderful dyeing that goes on in Posh Yarns.



http://poshyarn.co.uk/
  
Apparently he is passionate about dyeing and colour, and has developed his own special style and method of dyeing, which results in brilliant colour and subtle variations.

I love how on his web site , he goes on to explain how he describes the colours in his yarns , ie


Yellows


  • Gold (deep but bright yellow)
  • Butter (soft pale yellow)
  • Lemon (pale bright yellow)
  • Sunflower yellow (bright orange/yellow)
  • Ochre (deep orange/yellow, murky)
  • Saffron (deep yellow with a hint of orange)
  • Mustard (dirty dark yellow)
  • Primrose (pale cool yellow, with a hint of pale green)
  • Daffodil (bright cool yellow)
and that the yarn that he dyes ranges from beautiful cobweb lace to aran and includes , sock yarn , sport  and double knit. Occasionally he dyes a chunky yarn too. 

This week , this yarn was my favourite. A wonderful colourful grey ! 



Name: - Pale Grey For Guilt
Yarn Details: - Robynn Sock, a sock weight yarn, made from 100% Grade A mulberry silk. 440 yards (400m) per 100g.
Colour Description: Ethereal semi solid: platinum, warm silver

So now I have found them , do you think I will be leaving them alone? Somehow I don't think so

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase