Wednesday 4 February 2015

Get your blog out on the clothes line , revitalise it for Spring

My Blog has had a Spring Clean ! 




I know, its not Spring yet , but I'm getting ready for this brilliant year ahead.

I took a good hard look at my blog over the Christmas period and decided it needed a major overhaul. If I wanted the crafting world to take me seriously then I needed to blog writing seriously (yes some humour may slip in, lol).

So over the last week, I have taken each of my blog posting, stuffed them in to the washing machine, let them whizz round for an hour and then hung them out to dry. 

And when each and everyone of them was dry I have put them away in to my new set of drawers with clearly defined labels.   Some blog postings have put away in to charity bags but in the majority of cases my old blog postings will be used alongside new ones!

The thing about blog postings is that they are available on your blog for ever! I have some going back to  2011 and I wanted to find a way to bring them to the forefront again; to make sure that if someone wanted to read them then they could easily get to them, hence the new drawers and labels. 

You can see my drawers at the top of my blog - Business Tips / Etsy Shop Preview / My Product Gallery / European Sellers / DIY (for free) / Personal Stuff.

With some extra drawers , that you can drill down in to (right hand side column) - My Web Site / Clearance Sale / My Knitting Patterns / Thursdays Colourways.

And each drawer will either take you to another web site (my own for example) or to a stand alone blog page. On each blog page , you will find tables of photos with links to the appropriate blog postings.

 Personal Stuff



So if you click on the "Personal Stuff" drawer you will be taken to a new page that shows you some of my more personal photos, linked to my personal blog postings. 



Go on try it , click on this Personal Stuff link or the image and take a look at my new page. 




 Business Tiips
Or what about this one ? click on "Business Tips" and it will be soon full of some great tips for you and your crafty business.  


I feel so much happier about my blog now , happy to promote it and I can see where it is going. I can see what blog postings I need to write to fill my new drawers.





Do you think your blog needs a Spring Clean; needs a little revitalising to bring old postings to the top again? needs a little organising to help you decide what to blog about next? 

Please tell us your stories, your revitalising tips in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.

Over the next few weeks , I plan to write about blog postings in general, how you can write postings that people will be interested enough to read , that should be fun. See you then.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase