Saturday 14 February 2015

WATG Valentine Heart Beanie

I loved knitting this gorgeous valentine heart beanie for Wool and the Gang. I was only asked last week if I fancied making one, which of course because I like a little challenge I said Yes ! 

I was a little taken aback with the stripes , yikes , could I make a neat job of those? and then there was the red heart sewn on afterwards, would it be neat enough?




As you can see from my work in progress photos , all was OK.  

The heart , took 2 attempts before I was totally happy with the result. I think the photo above was taken in the middle of the 1st! 


And the stripes , well I was told that I had to do a "jogless stripe" . Good old Google told me that there was a few variations of the jogless stripe and after reading about them I decided that a "travelling jogless stripe" would do the trick. The photo above shows the change over of yarns travelling at a slant. 


Finished result ! 








And on the web site 


What an ace hat! 

Great for anytime , not just for Valentines!




Wool and the Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site

Quick View of Woolly Goodies available on my web site
Click on photo above to see detail / to purchase